- Ensures through his actions, either directly or indirectly, that a superior quality of medical treatment, compassion and understanding is given to every patient served at the NMC Hospitals and Clinics.
- Assists in all anesthesia procedures according to policy.
- Audits the anesthetic equipment and materials to ensure that they are working
effectively and reports deficiencies immediately to the Anesthesiologist.
- Reports faults in equipment or deficient supplies to the head of department or designate.
- Interacts with other departments regarding non-clinical request i.e. inventory,
maintenance and biomedical.
- Prepares purchase requests for the department.
- Must abide by department policies and procedures as well as hospital by-laws, rules and regulations within the Quality Program.
- Assists Anesthetist with assembling in the O.R. or where required, supplies and equipment for administration of anesthesia and patient monitoring for elective and emergency surgery.
A minimum of:
- Graduate of an accredited training program for anesthesia technicians.
- Current license certification in the kingdom.