Job Summary: Work is performed in the Anesthesia Services where staff provides anesthesia for elective and emergency surgery, obstetric and medical procedures as required in patients of all age groups from newborn to the very elderly. The primary work area includes the major and minor operating rooms plus the Anaesthesia workroom.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Anesthetist in OR, delivery suite, and in the Radiology Department for special procedures and in other areas where Anaesthesia or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation is required.
- Works with a wide variety of equipment peculiar to the administration of anesthesia, patient monitoring, and related life support systems and must be familiar with intravenous fluids plus fluid and blood administration systems. The position is closely supervised.
- Adheres to professional ethics and medical by-laws of the kingdom.
- Ensures through his actions, either directly or indirectly, that superior quality of medical treatment, compassion, and understanding is given to every patient served at the NMC Hospitals and Clinics.
- Assists in all anesthesia procedures according to policy.
- Audits the anesthetic equipment and materials to ensure that they are working effectively and reports deficiencies immediately to the Anesthesiologist.
- Reports faults in equipment or deficient supplies to the head of the department or designate.
- Assists Anesthetist with assembling in the O.R. or where required, supplies, and equipment for the administration of anesthesia and patient monitoring for elective and emergency surgery.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee’s knowledge, skills, and abilities.
A minimum of:
- Graduate of an accredited training program for anesthesia technicians.
- Current license certification in the kingdom.
- Registered Nurse with current license or higher education.
Experience: Two (2) years of hospital clinical experience after graduation.
Competencies & Skills:
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Exhibits professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer application.
- Good in customer care.