The Business Center Director is responsible for project management and overseeing all scheduling, charge entry, data collection, analysis, and reporting for the hospital’s billing and collections departments. Superior knowledge of medical office billing procedures, and CPT and ICD-9 coding. Excellent knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid and insurance company practices regarding reimbursement.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop, and manage Business Center’ Heads, Supervisors, Coordinators, and support staff.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the annual budget.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate departmental goals and objectives.
- Develops a quality plan for procedures and projects and analyses the outcome based on JCIA & CBAHI standards.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities of the Business Center in each Business Unit and Contract Management based on established Policies and Procedures and CCHI standards, and implement changes as per Quality plan.
- Submits monthly reports to the Business Center Director and any other additional reports as required.
- Oversees policies and procedures in coordinating and maintaining patient financial services programs that impact the hospital.
- Responsible for conducting financial analysis and translating complex data into meaningful concise reports.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the revenue cycle including third-party payer requirements.
- Maintain current working knowledge of all hospital billing related issues and regulations.
- Responsible to report any detected trends in payments or denials, as well as procedural problems and recommending the correction of them.
- Review insurance remittance advice for payment errors and denials.
- BA in Healthcare Management, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Master in healthcare management or equivalent.
- Required Minimum of ten years of experience in large healthcare organizations with five years of recent managerial experience.
- Desirable ten years of experience in Patient service positions.
Special Requirements & Skills:
- Saudi National with excellent interpersonal communication skills and fluency in English and Arabic.
- Managerial and working knowledge of computer systems.
- Understanding of Quality Improvement Systems.