Responsible for all carpentry works including fabrication of panel doors and construction work. Responsible for all carpentry/civil works including building construction, modification of ward rooms, offices and also housing units. Follows all hospital and department policies and procedures and international standards.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conducts routine checks on all doors and hardware including application of oil on the hinges.
· Maintains all carpentry shop machinery/equipment in good operating conditions.
· Maintains the carpentry workshop in a clean, neat and tidy manner.
· Prepares material take off for any fabrication project and submit it for material purchase requisition.
· Perform work in a timely accurate manner.
· Work is conducted in a professional manner maintains patients confidentiality when required.
· Follows all department policies and procedures.
· Participates in on-going education program developed by the department, e.g. Department Policy and Procedures, Fire Safety, Risk Management, Environmental control.
· Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee’s knowledge, skills and abilities.
Sr. Civil Engineer
A minimum of:
· High School graduate/Technical course diploma and Trade School graduate is preferred.
· Five (5) years’ experience in carpentry related works including sash fabrication works.
· Two (2) years’ experience in furniture and cabinetry works.
· Two (2) years’ experience in finishing carpentry.
· Fluency in verbal and written English.
· Fabrication works/furniture making.
· Exhibits excellent interpersonal communication skills.