A consultant is responsible for providing care for his/her patients (inpatient and outpatient) maintaining a high level of professional performance in accordance with:
- Evidence-based medicine.
- Professional medical ethics and JCIA standards.
- Hospital medical by-laws.
- Laws of the Ministry of Health in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and any other applicable regulations according to the departmental quality plan.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing effective leadership of the department maintaining an appropriate quality plan using measurable performance improvement standards in the field of endocrinology.
- Ensures through his actions, either directly or indirectly, that superior quality of medical treatment, compassion, and understanding is given to every patient served at the NMC Hospitals and Clinics.
- Provides patient care within the parameters of their professional competence as reflected in the scope of their clinical privileges for both in-patients and out-patients.
- Practices within the framework of clinically relevant and scientifically valid standards, guidelines, and criteria.
- Conducts regular ward rounds on his own and/or as a team to formulate a multi-disciplinary treatment plan.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures on his/her patients within the range of the specialty.
- Assessment and referral of appropriate patients under his/her medical care to other appropriate medical facilities as well as accepting referrals of patients with medical problems in his/her field of specialty.
- Participate in the on-call rota of the department for patient care and admission.
- Performs additional tasks and duties as assigned by Superiors.
Education: A minimum of:
Required: Either American Board, or Canadian Fellowship, or MRCP, or Equivalent.
Desirable: Higher qualifications in his specialty, if any.
Required: Five (5)+ years experience Post Qualification.
Current valid license to practice medicine in the area of specialty.
Registration in Saudi Commission for Health Specialties and/or Current license to practice medicine in Saudi Arabia.
- Additional experience in a sub-specialty.
- Academic affiliation.
Competencies & skills:
- Demonstrates leadership and administrative skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Communication in spoken Arabic is desirable.
- Exhibits professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable of the Medical by-laws.
- Knowledge of computer application.