The consultant is responsible for providing care for his/her patients (inpatient and outpatient) maintaining a high level of professional performance in accordance with:
- Professional medical ethics and JCIA standards.
- Hospital medical by-laws.
- Laws of the Ministry of Health in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and any other applicable regulations according to the departmental quality plan.
- Providing effective leadership of the department maintaining an appropriate quality plan using measurable performance improvement standards in the field of plastic surgery.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures through his actions, either directly or indirectly, that superior quality of medical treatment, compassion, and understanding is given to every patient served at the NMC Hospitals and Clinics.
- Conducts regular ward rounds on his own and/or as a team to formulate a multi-disciplinary treatment plan including pre-operative and post-operative care.
- Consults with the anesthesiologist on the technique of anesthesia to be used.
- Supervision of duties of assigned junior staff.
- Participation in committee meetings assigned to him/her (e.g. Quality Improvement, Infection Control, etc.).
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee’s knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Required: Saudi Board, or American Board, or Canadian Fellowship, or FRCS, or Equivalent
Desirable: Higher qualifications in his specialty, if any.
- (5) + years after post qualification.
- Current valid license to practice medicine in the area of his specialty.
- Registration in Saudi Medical Council and/or Current license to practice medicine in Saudi Arabia.
- Additional experience in a sub-specialty.
- Academic affiliation.
Competencies & skills:
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Exhibits professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Is knowledgeable of the Medical by-laws.
- Knowledge of computer application.