Dental Assistant is responsible for assisting a Dentist engaged in diagnostic, operative, surgical, periodontal, preventive, orthodontic, prosthodontics, endodontic, or pedodontics procedures during examination and treatment of patients. The clinical functions performed include; preparing and dismissing patients; the point of use cleaning of instrumentation and disinfecting equipment; providing post-operative instructions prescribed by the Dentist; maintaining supply order; maintaining applicable records, and others as requested by the Dentist.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures through his/her actions, either directly or indirectly, that superior quality of medical treatment, compassion, and understanding is given to every patient served at Riyadh Care Hospital/National Care Hospital.
- Help maintains dental surgery equipment.
- Coordinates with the reception and encoder for charges, arranging appointments, and other necessary paperwork.
- Assists designated Dentist and provide oral hygiene prophylaxis.
- Performs oral prophylaxis and give oral hygiene instructions to the patients.
- Maintenance of the materials, equipment, and cleanliness.
- Performs cleaning, washing, packing, and sterilization of instruments to prevent cross-infection as per department policy.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee’s knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Education: A minimum of Certified Dental Assistant through challenge exam from a professionally recognized organization.
Required: Minimum one (1) years’ experience Post Qualification.
Desirable: Registration in Saudi Medical Council.
Competencies & Skills:
- Flexible, patient, and courteous.
- Communicate well in both written and verbal English.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Good customer care skills.