Job Summary: Implements an effective hospital-wide Infection Control Programme and act as a liaison between hospital staff and the Infection Control Team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Summarize and record assessment data.
- Identify areas of risk and vulnerability.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care, which includes client family service goals. The plan of care outlines problems, goals, and interventions.
- Evaluation of immunity to specified communicable diseases and tuberculosis screening for new and existing employees.
- Immunizations, periodic screening, and medical surveillance and exposure management for specified communicable diseases.
- Minor first aid and/or triage to appropriate healthcare professional for work-related illness/injury, and related psychosocial sequelae.
- Assessment of the work environment for health-related hazards.
- Development, coordination, and implementation of health promotion and wellness activities for employees.
- Participate in in-service education of hospital staff and maintain a document for it.
- Assess learning needs relative to infection control practices and employee health, and implement educational programs to meet identified needs.
A minimum of:
- Nursing diploma/degree with Infection control experience.
- Certificate in Occupational Health Nurse.
- Additional training and courses in Occupational Health / Public Health.
- Friendly, flexible, patient, and courteous.
- Communicates well in both written and verbal English.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.