Consultant is responsible for providing care for his/her patients maintaining a high-level of professional performance in accordance with:
- Professional medical ethics and JCIA standards.
- Hospital medical by-laws.
- Laws of Ministry of Health in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and any other applicable regulations according to the departmental quality plan.
Providing effective leadership of the department maintaining an appropriate quality plan using measurable performance improvement standards in the field of medical emergency.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides patient care within the parameters of their professional competence as reflected in the scope of their clinical privileges.
- Practices within the framework of clinically relevant and scientifically valid standards, guidelines and criteria.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of medical contingency disaster plans.
- Supervises the triage system performed by the Emergency Room Nurse.
- Supervises the performance of the E.R. physicians in the unit.
- Ensures the delivery of the medical care in the unit that meets the JCIA and hospital standards.
- Organizes and supervises the duty rota of the E.R. physicians in the unit.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures on his/her patients within the range of the specialty.
- Assessment and referral of appropriate patients under his/her medical care to other appropriate medical facilities as well as accepting referrals of patients with medical problems in his/her field of specialty.
- Participates in the on-call Rota of the department for patient care.
A minimum of:
Either American Board, FRCS or Canadian Fellowship, or MRCP, or Equivalent
Higher qualifications in his specialty.
- Minimum five (5) years experience Post Qualification.
- Current valid license to practice medicine in the area of specialty.
- Registration in Saudi Medical Council and/or Current license to practice medicine in Saudi Arabia.
- Additional experience in a sub-specialty.
- Academic affiliation.