Responsible for the medical care of the patients presenting to E.R. He/she is to receive the patient, perform full assessment, initiate medical care and discharge the patient safely from the unit. Registrar is responsible for providing the care of his/her patient maintaining a high- level of professional performance in accordance with:
- Professional medical ethics and JCIA standards.
- Hospital medical by-laws.
- Laws of Ministry of Health in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and any other applicable regulations according to the departmental quality plan.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures through his actions, either directly or indirectly, that a superior quality of medical treatment, compassion and understanding is given to every patient served at the NMC Hospitals and Clinics.
- Supervise the work of ER Residents.
- Ensures through his/her actions, either directly or indirectly, that a superior quality of medical treatment, compassion and understanding is given to every patient served at the Riyadh Care Hospital.
- Triage patients to medical care according to the acuity of their illness, in cooperation with the Emergency Room Nurses.
- Performs a full assessment of the patient including history taking, physical examination, routine diagnostic tests and investigations.
- Initiates the proper medical care/treatment as appropriate.
- Should be able to handle and manage all surgical, orthopedic, medical and pediatric cases presenting to the E.R. and stabilize critical cases.
- Refers patient to other physicians of relevant specialties for consultation or continuation of specialized medical care or admission when needed.
- Documents all the above procedures as per the Insurance Hospital Rules and Regulations.
- Shares and participates in the departments’ education and training activities.
- Abides by the Policies and Procedures of the department and the Riyadh Care Hospital.
- Responsible to educate patients /families as per their needs and to implement their whole role regarding patient / family education process as mention in patient & family education policy and procedure (NSP-GEN-014) including documentation in patient medical record.
- They are knowledgeable about their essential role in patient and family education.
- Involves the patient/families in plan of care and respects patients/families regarding their goals and choices of patient care.
- Provides health promotion and health teaching thru methods appropriate to a patients’ developmental level, learning needs, readiness and ability to learn, language preference, culture and situations.
- Allots time necessary to assess, plan implement and evaluate patient education provided to patients/families with appropriate documentation.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee’s knowledge, skills and abilities.
A minimum of
- University medical degree
- Master Degree in Emergency Medicine or Intensive Care with three (3) years experience.
- Minimum five (5) years experience Post Qualification.
- Current valid license to practice medicine in the area of specialty.
- Additional experience in a sub-specialty.
- Academic affiliation.
- Registration in Saudi Medical Council and/or Current license to practice medicine in Saudi Arabia.
- Demonstrates leadership and administrative skills.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Exhibits professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Is knowledgeable of the Medical by-laws.
- Knowledge of computer application.