Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Take immediate action to resolve or clear any negative impression, complaint, or distress expressed in any way by the patient or family.
- Coordinate patient care with medical staff and other healthcare professionals.
- Provide an appropriate unit orientation for all new staff, delegate preceptors.
- Conduct performance evaluations on staff and discusses outcome with Area Manager.
- Act as a patient advocate and develop supportive relationships with all patients/family maintaining a professional role and using an interpreter when needed.
- Always move around and remain aware of the situation in the ward or unit at all times, and make rounds with team members and physicians to determine an effective nursing approach to patient needs and problems.
- Assure continued work towards improving KPIs, submit monthly reports, monthly rosters, and statistics in a timely manner.
- Implement unit/ward and Nursing Department policies and procedures.
- Ensure order of supplies, drugs, diets are placed correctly at the correct times.
- Ensure cleanliness, tidiness, and good general appearance of the ward or unit.
- Monitor appropriate and cost-effective use by subordinates of supplies, instruments, and other equipment allocated to assigned areas.
- Provide suggestions on how to improve services and quality of care.
A minimum of:
- BSN Degree or Diploma in Nursing.
- Current Licensure (RN) with the nursing governing body from country of origin.
- Professional Nursing License from the Saudi Council for Health Specialties.
- Minimum of seven years of clinical experience in an acute care hospital.
- Two years’ experience in a management role and Delivery Room.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Exhibits professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Good in customer care, able to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Knowledgeable in computer applications.
- He/She must be able to manage projects and should be organized.
- He/She must be creative, flexible, and have critical thinking skills.
- Must have good personal hygiene and be well-groomed at all times.