Job Summary: Responsible for the repair, operation, and preventive maintenance of all air conditioning systems and refrigeration equipment in the hospital and housing buildings based on international standards. Follows all hospital and department policies and procedures and international standards. Responsible for the operation and maintenance of chiller units in all dormitories for male and female staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Performed the following corrective maintenance measures:
- Replacement of defective condenser fan blade.
- Replacement of burned-out and stocked-up condenser motor drive.
- Leak testing for the system.
- Oxyacetylene welding/brazing for copper tubing and pipes for replacement of burned-out fan contactor terminal wiring.
Performed the following preventive maintenance measures:
- Replacement of defective bearing in condenser fan.
- Cleaning of contact point for the magnetic contactor and check-up of holding coil.
- Water spray cleaning of the condenser coil.
- Tightening of terminal block wiring and magnetic contactor terminal for a compressor.
- Obtain oil samples for the acid tests.
A minimum of:
- Technical school graduate specializing in refrigeration and air conditioning course.
- Five (5) years of experience in repair and maintenance work of refrigeration equipment and air conditioning units in a large hospital facility.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in troubleshooting water chillers and other related equipment in a centralized air conditioning system.
- Competent knowledge in the electrical and electronic control systems.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards and regulations-international and Saudi Arabian Laws.
- Fluency in verbal and written English.
- Exhibits professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills.