ICU Registrar is responsible for providing the care of his/her patients (inpatient) maintaining a high level of professional performance following Evidence-based medicine. Professional medical ethics and JCIA standards. Hospital medical by-laws. Laws of the Ministry of Health in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and any other applicable regulations according to the departmental quality plan.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures through his actions, either directly or indirectly, that superior quality of medical treatment, compassion, and understanding is given to every patient served at the NMC Hospitals and Clinics.
- Seeks the advice of or help of the consultant whenever the condition of a patient merits further expertise. Works under the supervision and instructions of the assigned Consultant.
- Assists Senior staff (Consultant) in performing diagnostic or therapeutic procedures to patients in his field of specialty.
- Provides health promotion and health teaching thru methods appropriate to a patients’ developmental level, learning needs, readiness, and ability to learn, language preference, culture, and situations.
- Allots time necessary to assess, plan implement, and evaluate patient education provided to patients/families with appropriate documentation.
- Carries out any other assignments as directed by the Head of Department and within the realm of his knowledge, skills, and abilities.
A minimum of:
Required: University Master Degree or Equivalent.
Desirable: Higher qualifications in his specialty, if any.
- Minimum of three (3) years in his/her specialty after obtaining a Master’s Degree.
- Current valid license to practice medicine in the area of his specialty.
- Registration in the Saudi Commission for Health Specialist and/or current license to practice medicine in Saudi Arabia.
Competencies & Skills:
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Communication in spoken Arabic is desirable.
- Exhibits professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Is knowledgeable of the Medical by-laws.
- Knowledge of computer application.