Job Summary: Keeping the physical plant machinery, buildings, and equipment in good condition by planning, implementing, and evaluating maintenance inspection of equipment, building grounds. Ensures utility distribution involved in building alteration and installation of equipment. Follows all hospital and department policies and procedures and international standards.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of construction projects within the scope of the group and supervision of work entered into the contract.
- Maintains and repairs HVAC and refrigeration in the hospital and housing complex.
- Ensures that the hospital structures are fire protected and fire equipment is up to date and available.
- Ensures that spare parts and material requisitions are properly monitored.
- Plans work schedules and assists supervisors in plan execution implementation.
- Follows all department policies and procedures.
- Participates in on-going education programs developed by the department, e.g. Department Policy and Procedures, Fire Safety, Risk Management, Environmental control.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee’s knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Education: A minimum of:
- Graduate of B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Licensed Mechanical Engineer.
- Five (5) years of experience in Mechanical Engineering fields, particularly in Hospital building/utility maintenance.
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory position.
Competencies & Skills:
- Fluency in verbal and written English.
- Well versed in as build plans/drawing interpretations.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and Safety regulation.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal communication skills.