Job Summary: Responsible, under the direction of the Director of Nursing Department, for the development of patient education programs and training activities to maintain a supportive environment within which patients and their families can expand their knowledge and skills, and thus improve their quality of life and well being. Works flexibly and cooperatively while always following Riyadh Care Hospital Policies & Procedures and reflecting the Mission, Vision, and Objectives of the Hospital in a client-centered manner.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures through his actions, either directly or indirectly, that superior quality of medical treatment, compassion, and understanding is given to every patient served at the NMC Hospitals and Clinics.
- Ensures through his/her actions, either directly or indirectly, that superior quality of medical treatment, compassion, and understanding is given to every patient served at the NMC Hospitals and Clinics.
- Coordinate patient care with medical staff and other healthcare professionals.
- Lead selected small to medium-sized group discussions, courses, and workshops in a range of topics as directed by Assistant Director of Nursing.
- Communicate with other medical/health education program coordinators in regards to patient education.
- Keep current with patient education programs, materials, and methods, and recommend those applicable.
- Assess patient and family learning needs, abilities, preferences, readiness to learn, cultural and religious practices, physical limitations, communication deficits, literacy level, and emotional & language barriers at first contact on an in-patient or out-patient basis. Assess the need to refer to another member of the healthcare team for specific teaching.
- Provide patient teaching as determined by the patient’s assessment/reassessment needs.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing/Bachelor’s Degree in Health Education.
- Current License to practice as per specialty.
- Registration with SCFHS & MOH as a specialist.
Desirable: Certified as a health educator; preferably having special training as a diabetic educator
Required: 3 years of experience as a Health educator/Patent educator.
Desirable: Additional experience in a sub-specialty.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Exhibits professionalism and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Good in customer care, able to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Knowledgeable in computer applications.