Job Summary: Assist pharmacists in dispensing medications and maintaining appropriate patient records and charges.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the daily dispensed medications are recorded, keep the records, and inform the Pharmacist about drugs that are expiring as per department policy.
- Responsible to educate patients/families as per their needs and to implement their whole role regarding patient/family education process as mention inpatient & family education policy and procedure (NSP-GEN-014) including documentation in the patient medical record.
- Ensures that the floor stock medications are delivered effectively to and from the patient units.
- Diploma in Pharmacy.
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician.
Experience: 2+ years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a Pharmacy of a large acute care hospital.
Competencies & Skills:
- Proficient in the use and application of new medications and technology.
- Problem-solving ability and analytical thinking preferred.
- Customer service skills; exhibits professionalism, effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluency in verbal and written English for Arabic and Non-Arabic speakers.
- Computer literate.